EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR / COORDINATOR
The Cowichan Watershed Society is seeking to hire a part time Executive Director, who will also serve as the Coordinator of the Cowichan Watershed Board. The position will report to the Society Co-Chairs and Board Co-Chairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Executive Director and administrative services for the Cowichan Watershed Society and Coordinator services for the Cowichan Watershed Board including:
b. Operational planning and management;
c. Program planning and management;
d. Financial planning and management;
e. Community relations/advocacy;
f. Risk management;
g. Human resources planning and management.
Qualifications and Attributes
The candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Strong scientific understanding of ecological systems and watershed hydrology and a passion to protect the health of the Cowichan Watershed;
- Respect for and commitment to upholding First Nations rights and culture;
- Strong understanding of governance and non-profit Boards;
- Experience working with all levels of government, First Nations and a variety of community and environmental organizations;
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning;
- Ability to work well with people of all ages and backgrounds individually and in team working arrangements;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to be an effective and persuasive ambassador of the organizations;
- Proficiency with financial management including budgeting and reporting;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Creativity and an ability to problem solve;
- Flexibility to adapt to varying workloads and scheduling requirements
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references with contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application period is open until the position is filled.
This is a short version of the complete job posting. Click here to download the full job description.